Statement of Faith
We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
We believe that there is one God, who exists from eternity in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, and in His miracles, in His death on the cross to pay the penalty for our sin, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
We believe that the salvation of lost and sinful humankind and regeneration by the Holy Spirit is offered to all.
Our Core Values
Church of the Savior serves its congregation and community by providing ministries which encourage and facilitate growth in faith through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. The values which guide us are:
- Lost people matter to God and therefore ought to matter to the church.
- Embracing covenant theology, we seek to develop community among all generations.
- We believe anointed biblical teaching is essential for life transformation.
- Prayer is powerful and vital for all aspects of life.
- Life change will take place best in Life Groups, which are small gatherings (between 6 to 10 people) that meet on a regular basis to share life together. They meet twice a month and include sharing a meal and engaging in conversation and prayer based on a particular study. Life Groups will occasionally join together in an outreach ministry.
- The church is to be culturally relevant while remaining pure in doctrine.
- The church is called to function as a unified community of servants discovering and engaging their spiritual gifts.
1. Progressive in Worship / Music
Worship services provide opportunities for the Good News of Jesus Christ to be proclaimed in a way that relates positively to people. Messages and music with relevance and application to contemporary life, dynamic music, drama, prayers and other elements of worship blend together for the glory and worship of God.
2. Proactive in Outreach
The Bible clearly teaches that God places His people in the world to relate His message of eternal life. Church of the Savior actively pursues people in our community through a variety of methods. Individual members are encouraged to invite their friends and neighbors.
3. Caring Atmosphere
We unconditionally accept individuals as God's creation, and seek to show a Christ-like love to each person we encounter. Our attitude toward those within our fellowship as well as those who come as our guests is friendly, courteous and personable.
4. Eager in Service
Christians have been given the unique opportunity of serving in the world as the personal representatives of Jesus Christ. Church of the Savior has opportunities to serve each other and the community which are taken as God's prompting for us to reach out to others in joyful and humble service.
5. Diverse in Fellowship
This congregation is a church family with members from many backgrounds and different lifestyles. When we speak of our "church family" we are intentionally including each person - women, men, children, youth, singles, widows / widowers, single-parent families, empty nesters, etc. We are diverse, yet we live in harmony as we are united in the single purpose of glorifying God and extending His kingdom.
6. Growing in Faith
The Christian life is a journey of faith in which we all must grow and learn. Educational opportunities, Bible studies, and other opportunities for spiritual growth are regularly offered.
7. Solid Theology
We are open to people from all religious backgrounds and at any stage of their spiritual development. As a congregation we remain true to the Bible and the standards of the Reformed Church in America.
8. Transformed and Transforming
As a member of the Reformed Church in America (RCA) we are committed to the vision of Transformed and Transforming- seeking to be transformed in Christ, equip leaders for tomorrow and engaging in Jesus' Kingdom mission.